First and foremost.....I.....have never promoted scap loading when teaching hitting. NEVER. NEVER EVER. Yet....the bigchappedass claims I have.....so he can then say it's wrong.

Second....he wouldn't know a scap load if he saw one. I'll prove that shortly.

Here are his comments.....
Why would you intentionally/purposefully want to load your scap? In professional ballplayers, the scap GETS loaded while the hands are caught up in a state of resistance.
No....the scap never loads.....and....the scap never unloads....in a high level swing. It does, however, in the amateur swing he teaches. See his son's swing. A clear forward push of the barrel. The scap UNLOAD is a push. And his son CLEARLY unloads his scap....and pushes the barrel forward when so doing. The DEFINITION of a push swing....INCLUDES the unload of the scap. In the statement above he ADMITS that he wants the scap to LOAD. Unintentionally....but....nevertheless....he wants it to get loaded. Therefore.....he wants the scap to UNLOAD. What LOADS.....UNLOADS. Why else would you load it? Therefore....by his own admission....he teaches his hitter to push the barrel forward.

Let me be clear. The muscles that coil the hip and pull the back AND SCAP 'around'....around the back of the torso.....PULL BACK AND AROUND....against the leg....as the leg attempts to internally rotate. The pulling back action of the scap....which he calls a scap load.....IS NOT A SCAP LOAD.....and I have never said it is a scap load. The action of the scap, as well as the action of the hip and lower back....is to PULL BACK so as to LOAD THE LEG.....not the scap. THAT is what all high level hitters do. THAT has ALWAYS been what I've said. Some, in shorthand fashion MAY have called it a scap load. I may have engaged them in conversation about what THEY call scap load. But I have always made it clear....that the scap does not get loaded. The action of the scap is to load the leg. Bigchappedass knows this and is lying. OR.....he didn't pay attention when he was a member here....which explains a lot.

In addition, I've seen the type of scap loading/clamping that you aspire to achieve. In all honesty, I'm not opposed to that in the overhand throw, but hitting is an underhand activity. Your bow/flex/bow vid of Mike Mussina does not scale... That's a fact, and these theories should not be propagated on the fine folks here without that full understanding.
OH MY....this is a good one. Lets see.....where to start? He says it's OK to load/clamp the scap in the OVERHAND throw....but hitting is an UNDERHAND activity. He claims the action of Mike Mussina throwing does not scale to the high level swing and hitting. Well well. Is he saying that because hitting is UNDERHAND....that the scap has a different role than it does in the overhand throw? Remember, he calls it scap load. I KNOW it is not a load....but the simple PULLING BACK of the scap.

Tell me....what do you see here....

How about here....

Two great UNDERHAND THROWERS.....PULLING BACK.....with their SCAP. OH MY. How sweet it is.

Now....compare the scap pulling back in BOTH of those underhand pitchers....to the action of these high level hitters....you know....that UNDERHAND HITTING MOTION HE'S TALKING ABOUT.

I'll be darned.....it's a match. Watch their rear hip TURN FORWARD....AS....the scap pulls back.

THE ONLY WAY....you can make happen....what you see in both the pitchers and the hitters....is to pull back with the scap.

You see....someone is talking out of their ass. And it isn't me. Someone has NEVER duplicated the high level pattern....therefore has NO IDEA what the role of the scap is. Want proof? Here it is....

THE VERY FRAMES.....that exist in Mussina, Ueno, Osterman, Pujols, Arod, Ortiz, Hosmer....and all great hitters....just happen to missing....ABSENT....in the swing of the bigchappedass's son.

Hmmmmm. How do you know when he's lying? Just when he's talking or typing.

Yeah, pitchers move down-hill with the front shoulder up and the rear shoulder down. Scap pinch keeps that rear side down-in loaded, and then the shoulders reverse.

Hitters stride with the front shoulder down-in and they fight to keep that front down-in. Why would you apply the same scap load clamp to a totally different movement? Did you buy into that old voodoo theory years ago?
The above is laughable. Down and in or up and out has NOTHING TO DO with the scap pull back. See the clips above. This is total poppeycock. Total bullshit. Did you buy it?

I've documented my journey. Even shared the videos along the way...
He has NEVER documented anything that resembles high level.

And he can't afford to give an updated clip. It's one thing for him to lie to you. It's quite another for him to prove he's lying to you. And that is exactly what he'll do if he provides an updated clip.